Jinxed - Thommy Hutson

I received this book for free as part of an Instagram tour (TLC Book Tours specifically) I did to promote the book.

This book was a lot of fun.

It reminded me a lot of Scream (one of my favorite horror films) so of course I loved this book.

I loved the performing arts theme and how it was woven throughout the novel.

The storyline was slightly predictable, but that’s just because it’s a slasher, and they tend to follow the same basic pattern (there’s a killer, people die in gruesome ways, there’s the big reveal at the end, etc.). Also, the characters weren’t all that interesting, but once again that is typical of a slasher.

That being said, the endings of horror books tend to make or break them, and I was not disappointed by the ending of this book. The reveals at the end were good, but the epilogue really took it to the next level. The author ended the book perfectly.

As for the scare factor, this book isn’t that scary (I’m actually a pretty big scaredy cat and had no trouble reading this at night). The only word of caution I have is that there is some gore and violence (hello, it’s a slasher).

Overall, this is a great book to read if you are looking to get into the Halloween spirit and want to read a fun slasher.