Mammoth - Jill Baguchinsky

I received an ARC of this book for free from the publisher (Turner Publishing) in exchange for an honest review.

This was a super fun and cute read!

I loved the unique point of view. A plus sized fashion blogger who loves paleontology is something we don’t see often. I enjoyed reading her view point and seeing the world through her eyes. It was a unique perspective that I found refreshing.

I enjoyed the little Look of the Day pictures and blog posts that are mixed in at the beginning of some chapters. They were cute and added a nice touch.

I thought the romance was very adorable. I was happy with who she ended up with in the end. I was shipping them from the very beginning.

The one thing I didn’t like was how annoying the main character, Natalie, got in the second half of the book. She started making one stupid decision after another. A lot of the problems she had were caused by making bad decisions and she would try to solve the problem by making more bad decisions. It ended up being a chain of bad decisions and it frustrated me. But aside from this, I still liked the plot overall.

Overall, this was a unique young adult novel full of paleontology fun, a dash of funky fashion, and a sprinkle of romance.