The Girls' Guide to Conquering Life: How to Ace an Interview, Change a Tire, Talk to a Guy, and 97 Other Skills You Need to Thrive - Erica Catherman, Jonathan Catherman

I received this book for free from the publisher (Revell Books Nonfiction) in exchange for an honest review.

I was super excited to read this book because next month I will be moving and living on my own, and I could surely use all the help and advice I can get!

I think the book is aimed towards high school girls, and maybe early college girls. As someone who is starting law school, this book probably wasn’t meant for me. Nevertheless, I did find some of it useful. But when it came down to it, some parts of the book worked and some parts didn’t.

Some of the how-to’s weren’t that helpful. Quite a few of them were no-duh instructions. For example, How To Fill Out An application was pretty much common sense. The first couple of sections had a lot of how-to’s like that.

I found the later sections to be more helpful, particularly the ones pertaining to driving, cooking, and repairs. Those were more relevant to my needs.

It is worth noting that since this comes from a Christian publisher, the dating section was very heteronormative. Aside from that, there wasn’t anything that was Christian specific. There was nothing about God or praying or anything along those lines.

Overall, this is a good guidebook for teens, and depending on your needs, college-aged women.