Daughter of the Pirate King - Tricia Levenseller

This book was so much fun!

For the record, I’ve always loved pirates. Back in 6th grade I was OBSESSED with pirates. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest came out that year and fueled the fire to my obsession.

So back to this book, I loved the premise. The main character, Alosa, sets up her own kidnapping so that she can steal a map. How clever and a nice twist!

Alosa is such a badass. She’s the pirate queen I never knew I needed. Not only is she smart and a great fighter, but she’s also part siren which gives her some awesome man-controlling powers.

The one thing I didn’t like was that I wanted more of her female pirate crew and her ship. We get a taste of that at the end and I really wanted more. But I’m pretty sure the sequel will focus more on her ship and crew, so that’s not a big deal.

Random side note: I loved that the endpapers were a map of the ship she was on. I always love maps in books so that was a nice touch.

Overall, this was a fast paced and exciting pirate adventure story that features a female lead who slays (both literally and figuratively). I can’t wait to read the sequel and see how the rest of the story unfolds!