After Death - Jacqueline E. Smith

I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

As usual, I loved this book because I love all of Jacqueline’s books. Her writing style is just amazing.

This book was another fantastic addition to the series. There was a lot of paranormal activity in this book and I loved every second of it. I think out of all three of the books, this had the most spooks. A lot happened in this one.

The haunted carnival setting was really perfect because it introduced a lot of interesting new characters, like Rasia and Chance McDermott. I’m curious to see more of them in future books.

What I really love about this series, and this book in particular, is how it deals with death and grief in regards to both the loved ones and the deceased. It explores the nuances of both sides in great depth. The last two chapters of this book demonstrated this perfectly. Those chapters were so touching, emotional and heartfelt. If I was one of those people who could cry when reading books, I probably would have.

All in all, this was an incredible addition to the Cemetery Tours series and I cannot wait to see what Jacqueline comes up with for the next book.