Between Worlds - Jacqueline E. Smith

I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I was so excited to read this book because it takes place in a haunted house. Fun fact about me: I LOVE haunted houses. My favorite ride at Disneyland is the Haunted Mansion and I often consider it to be my dream home. I also live super close to the Winchester Mystery House (which is totally awesome by the way). So already I was destined to love this book.

I liked the first book in this series, but I loved this one more! I tend to like the second book in series more than the first because all the set up is already done. This book got straight to all the haunting fun and did not disappoint.

So first off, Stanton Hall Manor sounds like my kind of house. There’s a room called the Storybook Room and it sounds like the greatest thing ever. The book states, “The Storybook Room was designed like a book store, with antique novels lining each and every corner of each and every wall. It reminded Kate of the castle library in Beauty and the Beast” (90). That place sounds like heaven!

Character-wise, I really liked how we got to meet Luke’s ghost hunting team. I can’t wait to see more of them! Also, I really love Brink. He’s so precious and provides such great comedic relief.

The storyline was really good and as usual there was a good balance of the paranormal and the normal.

I also liked how natural Kate and Michael’s relationship felt. They make a very cute couple.

Overall, this was even better than the first. I can’t wait to start reading the third book as soon as I post this review.