Backstage (Boy Band) (Volume 2) - Jacqueline Smith

I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

So first off, I just have to say that Jacqueline Smith wins for writing the best dedications. On her dedication page she writes, “I’ve dedicated enough books to my family and friends. This book is for my cat. And Harry Styles.” But honestly, let’s be real, enough books are dedicated to people’s family and friends. Random side note: I freaking love Harry Styles.

Okay, so back to the book. Don’t get me wrong, I really liked this, but I didn’t like it as much as the first one which is why I gave it 4.5 stars instead of 5. The reason why I didn’t like it as much was because nothing super duper exciting happened until the last 50 pages. The last 50 pages were the core of the story and they were a crazy 50 pages. Pretty much all hell broke loose and their world kind of imploded. It was insane and will definitely make you want to read the third book. That’s actually something I really like about this series; it always leaves you wanting more.

Another thing I really like about this series, especially in this book, is that it explores the intricacies of being in a boy band. Being a celebrity is one thing, but being a part of a famous group is another. There’s just so much that goes on backstage that we never see, it’s no wonder that so many of them end up going their separate ways. This book in particular really highlighted that well.

Overall, this was a great installment to the Boy Band series. I can’t wait to find out what happens next!